Donations for #GivingTuesday 2022 are Open
PHF matching up to $200,000 in community donations
Using the "Donate" button below
Checks mailed to 400 Quincy St; 5th Floor; Hancock, MI 49930.
Checks must be written out to PHF with the nonprofit(s) designated
Cash dropped off in person to the PHF office 400 Quincy St; 5th Floor; Hancock, MI 49930
Stock Transfer (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (906) 523-5920 for information)
Meet our Non-Profit Partners
Our partners for the 2022 #GivingTuesday have been chosen. With at least 2 nonprofit organizations servicing the 4 counties of the Copper Country.
- Ahmeek Village Volunteer Fire and Rescue (Facebook)
- Baraga County Shelter Home (Website - Facebook - Twitter)
- Barbara Kettle Gundlach Shelter Home (Website - Facebook)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Western UP - UP Kids (Website - Facebook)
- Bootjack Fire & Rescue Foundation (Facebook)
- Camp Josh (Website - Facebook)
- Copper Country Angel Mission (Website - Facebook - #GivingTuesday Feature Story)
- Copper Country Habitat for Humanity (Website - Facebook)
- Copper Country Junior Hockey Association (Website - Facebook)
- Copper Country Senior Meals (Website - Facebook)
- Copper Harbor Trails Club (Website - Facebook)
- Dan Schmitt Gift of Music (Website - Facebook)
- Dial Help (Website - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram)
- Friends of the Porcupine Mountain WSP (Website - Facebook - Instagram)
- Keweenaw Family Resource Center (Website - Facebook)
- Keweenaw Nordic Ski Club (Website)
- Keweenaw Random Acts of Community Kindness (Website - Facebook)
- Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly (Website - Facebook)
- Omega House (Website - Facebook)
- Ontonagon County Cancer Association (Website - Facebook)
- Ripple Recovery Residence - Great Lakes Recovery Centers Foundation (Website - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram)
- Simple Kindness for Youth (Website - Facebook - Instagram)
- Superior Search & Rescue (Website - Facebook - Instagram - #GivingTuesday eature Story)
- Swedetown Trails Club (Website - Facebook)
- unitē Mental Health and Wellness (Website - Facebook - #GivingTuesday Podcast)
- 31 Backpacks (Facebook - #GivingTuesday Podcast)
Portage Health Foundation (PHF) has aided in more than $1.9 million in donations to local non-profit organizations in the Houghton, Keweenaw, Baraga, and Ontonagon counties through #GivingTuesday. Held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, #GivingTuesday is a kick-off to the holiday giving season, where individuals can give back to the community and donate to the organizations that mean the most to them.
What to expect during #GivingTuesday
Will my donation be matched?
History of #GivingTuesday
Dining For Donations
Visit these restaurants on November 29 (the day of #GivingTuesday) to ensure your breakfast lunch and dinner are making an impact.
Below are the restaurants and the donation they will be making to #GivingTuesday this November.
- Copper Range Depot (Houghton) : 5% of total sales
- Gino's (Houghton): $1 per person that is served
- Michigan House (Houghton): $2 per person that is served
- Syl's Cafe (Ontonagon): 5% of total sales
- The Squeeze on Main (Ontonagon): 5% of total sales
- Skippers Bar and Grill (Baraga): $1 per person that is served
Applications open and non-profits encouraged to apply to be a partner for the 2022 #GivingTuesday season
Applications for non-profit organizations will be closed at 11:59 p.m.
Non-Profit Partners Announced
Our #GivingTuesday 2022 partners will be announced.
Donations are Live
Donations for #GivingTuesday will be live. This is when the community can start giving back!
The day of #GivingTuesday! The last day to make donations to a non-profit of your choice.
As #GivingTuesday gets closer we’ll post information on this page as well as our social media outlets. You can follow Portage Health Foundation of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You can also subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter to make sure you don’t miss any information about #GivingTuesday!