We invite you to check out this amazing video highlighting the Making A Difference Scholarships at Michigan Technological University.
“Our interest is to be more engaged and develop a greater understanding of the needs that exist in our community and leverage this partnership between the foundation and Michigan Tech to create a greater impact for our community.” - Kevin Store, Executive Director at Portage Health Foundation talking about the partnership we’ve made with Michigan Technological University to bring more scholarship opportunities to their students.
“Having a scholarship besides your name means that it’s not just me. Other people believe in me.” - Lake Linden-Hubbell high school graduate Alexa Destrampe who is majoring in Exercise Science at Michigan Tech. In addition to Destrampe, this video introduces you to seven other students and three Michigan Tech administrators to understand how this partnership has helped.
"Michigan Tech is a better place because of Portage Health Foundation’s support.” - Dr. Richard J. Koubek, President of Michigan Tech.
Others Featured in Video
Michigan Tech Students
- Alex Oliver, PHF Graduate Fellow, Biomedical Engineering Research Associate
- Alex Kuck, PHF Graduate Fellow, Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology
- Ben Cockfield, PHF Graduate Fellow, Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology
- Adison Cook, PHF Scholar, Exercise Science, Athletic Trainer
- Hannah Heikkanen, PHF Scholar, Exercise Science
- Colleen Toorongian, PHF Scholar, Exercise Science, Athletic Trainer
- Alexa Destrampe, PHF Scholar, Exercise Science, Athletic Trainer
Michigan Tech Administration
- Laura Bulleit, Associate Dean of Students
- Bonnie B. Gorman, Ph.D., Dean of Students, Vice President of Student Affairs
- Dr. Richard J. Koubek, President
Portage Health Foundation Staff
- Kevin Store, Executive Director