Portage Health Foundation (PHF) is proud to announce that $443,208.76 was donated to 22 local non-profit organizations this year for #GivingTuesday. PHF added $200,000 to that, bringing the total going to non-profits to $643,208.76.
Portage Health Foundation has now led five years of #GivingTuesday. During that time, more than $1.9 million has went to non-profits through the program. In 2021, donations were up $48,694.48 (12.3%) compared to 2020.
Giving Tuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday to kick off the holiday giving season and inspire people to collaborate in improving their local communities and to give back in impactful ways to the charities and causes they support.
Non-profits were invited to apply to partner with Portage Health Foundation this fall.To be eligible, an organization must be a charitable non-profit organization with 501(c)(3) IRS determination, have a current license to solicit, have up-to-date financials available, must not be a religious or educational institution, have a mission related to Portage Health Foundation's Areas of Emphasis or raise funds for a specific project that relates to those pillars and the organization must be domiciled in Baraga, Houghton, Keweenaw and Ontonagon counties.
Total Received By Non-Profit
- Omega House - $128,971.17
- 31 Backpacks - $58,145.31
- Barbara Kettle Gundlach Shelter Home - $56,853.60
- UP Kids - Big Brothers Big Sisters - $36,122.06
- Simple Kindness for Youth (SKY) - $34,103.90
- Baraga County Shelter Home - $31,666.25
- Copper Country Senior Meals - $31,529.52
- Swedetown Trails Club - $31,104.38
- Dial Help - $30,219.71
- Keweenaw Family Resource Center - $29,487.96
- Copper Harbor Trails Club - $29,458.38
- Copper Country Angel Mission - $24,376.09
- Ontonagon County Cancer Association - $19,189.78
- Keweenaw Nordic Ski Club - $18,943.37
- Superior Search & Rescue - $14,607.49
- Copper Country Habitat for Humanity - $13,411.86
- Dan Schmitt Gift of Music - $13,394.95
- Keweenaw Random Acts of Kindness (K-RACK) - $10,453.52
- Calumet Township Fire & Rescue (CTFR) Firemen's Club - $10,027.95
- Friends of the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park - $9,425.64
- Mercy EMS - $6,917.29
- Ahmeek Village Volunteer Fire & Rescue - $4,798.58
Learn more about Giving Tuesday at Portage Health Foundation at phfgive.org/givingtuesday.